Kinkazzo Burning
~ reflections & disquisitions
It takes both sunshine and rain to make a rainbow...

~ Pieces of God, by jollybeggar

Sent by my dear Canadian friend jb --- still a believer!

Below two songs, two poems, two invocations...



    i rose above these sterile sheets
    a cold sweat left behind
    a departure from a living death
    delivered just in time
    the plot had thickened to the point
    where there was little hope to see
    the antagonist had raised his fist
    no option was open to me

    but for a deus ex machina
    a god in the machine
    an unexpected reversal comes about
    like awakening from a bad dream
    with the swing of the playwright's pen
    life returns to me again
    now the show can have a happy ending
    by faith, for freedom's haste, the seasons change

    it's never too late to whirl around
    move the other way
    i have seen mornings robbed of light
    nights as bright as day
    the future is changeable- the past is set
    finally i understand
    hardest to grasp is that circumstance
    is successfully countermand

    by deus ex machina
    God in the machine
    an unexpected reversal comes about
    like awakening from a bad dream
    with the swing of the playwright's pen
    life returns to me again
    now the show can have a happy ending
    by faith, for freedom's haste, the seasons change

    by faith, for freedom's haste, the seasons change

(March 2, 2007)

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


i wrote another song (first one in probably a year and a half) and i thought it might be a meaningful addition to the ever-expanding God page. i was reading augustine's 'confessions' and was halted, in the 'book of memory' chapter, by the phrase:

BUT WHAT DO I LOVE WHEN I LOVE YOU?

what followed was one of those mystical, handel's messiah kind of moments of connection and synthesis, scripture and literature, poetry and prose, words and music- like the blues singer who sings snippets of every delta song he's ever heard with such conviction and power that no one cries 'plageurist'- they are too busy celebrating the magic that someone jokingly quipped should be called 'zeppelin' because it would go over like a lead balloon...
whatever. here's the song.
somebody said the arrangement reminded them of the floyd.
always a compliment! ha ha



what do i love when i love you?
what is the object of my affection?
God? what is my God?

who do i love when i love you?
who is my hope and my salvation?
Lord? who is my Lord?

you shine into my soul where space cannot contain you
you speak with the sound that does not fade with passing time
the fragrance of your presence remains with me in essence
the sweetness of your name does not grow stale

what do i preach when i preach you?
what is my message of exhortation?
Word? what is my Word?

where do i go when i seek you?
where do i search for your revelation?
God? where is my God?

(January 2008)

Labels: ,


1 Utterly Enriching Reactions:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Burped by Flogger